We know plywood is an extremely versatile material that can serve a wide range of projects. However, what is the best plywood choice for exterior applications? In this article, we’ll explore how to choose the best exterior plywood for your next project.
Plywood is the material of choice for practically any kind of project; some kinds of plywood are especially suited for specific uses. Its strength, versatility, and affordability contribute to its status as one of the most popular choices, but what does it offer for exterior construction projects that sets it apart from other kinds of wood? Keep reading to find out some of the innovative architectural solutions you can create with exterior plywood.
There are a number of characteristics of wood as a building material that come into play when choosing plywood for exterior use: resistance to weather, durability, and ability to withstand the elements.
Places where exterior plywood is a great choice:
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor construction (sheds, benches)
- Sliding panels
- Exterior doors
- Exterior walls
Exterior Building Materials
What are the most important qualities for outdoor building materials? The main one might be the most obvious: durability. The building materials we choose for exterior projects must be able to withstand both natural elements such as wind, rain, humidity, pests, and sun and the human contact with which it comes in contact. For example, exterior walls, doors, and floors will frequently receive wear and tear from footsteps and rain and it must be able to hold up over time. Thanks to innovative treatments and finishes, we are able to improve the plywood’s natural durability and resistance to impact and scratching. Your waterproof exterior plywood will continue to dazzle over time.
Garnica offers plywood that truly challenges nature and provides a high-quality, long-lasting product that is designed specifically for outdoor use. The Duraply Plywood Range is truly unmatched:
- It features an innovative treatment for the entire panel that enhances the plywood panel’s natural durability after both sanding and machining.
- It’s immune to delamination and attacks from fungi and xylophages and comes with a 15 year quality guarantee. (+ info duraply.one)
- The smoothness of the veneers make it ideal for painting or covering, with uniform finishing results and no telegraphing.
- You have the option of adding a decorative HPL/CPL laminate finish which contributes to the plywood’s natural beauty and resistance to impact/scratching.
- Like Garnica’s other plywood ranges, the Duraply range comes from sustainable, fast-growing European poplar plantations that create incredibly lightweight panels that are easy to machine, virtually void-free, flat, uniform, and stable.
Ready to get started on finding the best plywood for exterior construction projects? Our experts at Garnica are here to help you select the best plywood for your project and answer any questions or resolve any doubts you may have. Contact us today and make your dream project a reality.